Wild Rift Patch Notes 4.3b
We’re taking a look at the meta since our overhaul of the rune system and making some adjustments to some champions who needed some help to find their footing, and those who have been toeing the line. We also have the addition of the Mecha skinline, the return of the Stargazers, and a new Wild Pass! Welcome to Patch 4.3b!
Aatrox has been performing well in the jungle, but struggling in the Baron Lane. So we’re granting him some more health when he hits minions, which should give him some more sustain in lane.
- Healing effect from hitting minions: 50% → 60%
THE DARKIN BLADE
- Damage ratio to minions: 55% → 65%
This Rogue Assassin has been struggling to adapt since our changes to boots and runes. So we’re reducing some of her energy costs to help her out in the laning phase, while also adjusting some of Akali’s other abilities to make her more flexible during teamfights.
- Moving towards the outside of the ring of energy grants you bonus movement speed: 30% → 30/40/50/60%
- Exiting the ring of energy towards enemy champions grants you bonus movement speed: 30% → 30/40/50/60%
FIVE POINT STRIKE
- Energy consumption: 120/100/80/60 → 105/90/75/60
Akshan is struggling to find his place in the meta, and we think he could be doing more damage, especially in the later stages of the game. So we’re giving this Rogue Sentinel some much needed buffs to boost his damage in the late game.
- Attack per level: 4.55 → 5.5
- Minimum damage: 20/25/30 + 10% Attack Damage → 20/30/40 + 10% Attack Damage
- Maximum damage: 80/100/120 + 40% Attack Damage → 80/120/160 + 40% Attack Damage
Recently we made changes to Hullbreaker, and those changes ended up impacting Fiora’s ability to solo push lanes in the later stages of the game. So we’re adjusting her first ability and giving it a new mechanic so that she can be a bigger split-pushing threat.
- [NEW] Lunge now does damage to turrets.
It requires a lot of time to master Irelia’s abilities, and we want to make sure that players who have put in the time to master her can have more highlight moments in-game. So we’re buffing some of her abilities so that she can better survive during her duels.
- Damage reduction: (50 + 7% Ability Power)% → (60 + 7% Ability Power)%
- Base damage: 10/30/50/70 → 20/35/50/65
While Jarvan can flex as both a tank and fighter, we’ve recently seen that he’s been predominantly picked and built as a fighter. We want to make sure it still feels good to build and play him as the main tank for your team so we’re making some adjustments to his kit to make him beefer.
- Cooldown of acting on the same target: 6s → 5s
- Basic shield value: 80/120/160/200 → 80/120/160/200 + 4% Maximum health
- [NEW]: Damage from enemies is reduced by 12/16/20% inside Cataclysm, the effect will be removed when leaving Cataclysm or the barrier surrounding the terrain collapses.
Jayce has been struggling to perform in lane, but has recently started to shine in the jungle. We’ve made some adjustments to his hammer form, which should make his opponents think twice before stepping up to The Defender of Tomorrow. We’re also adjusting the damage he does to monsters so he isn’t as efficient at hammering away at the jungle camps.
- Base Attack Damage: 52 → 54
LIGHTNING FIELD / HYPER CHARGE
- [NEW] Damage ratio to monsters: 70%
THUNDERING BLOW / ACCELERATION GATE
- Damage ratio: 8/11/14/17/20% Targets maximum health + 100% Bonus Attack Damage → 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% Targets maximum health + 100% Bonus Attack Damage
- Maximum damage to monsters: 200/325/450/575/700 → 150/275/400/525/650
MERCURY CANNON / MERCURY HAMMER
- Gains bonus armor and magic resistance in hammer stance: 3 + 2 × Level → 3+2 × Level + 9% Bonus Attack Damage
When compared to other Mid Lane and support mages, Karma is struggling to keep up with them in both the damage and protection department. So, we’re adjusting her main source of damage, and buffing the amount of shields she can give her allies in the later stages of the game.
- Base damage: 60/100/140/180 → 70/110/150/190
- Mantra bonus damage: 60/140/220/300 → 70/150/230/310
- Shield value: 60/90/120/150 + 50% Ability Power → 70/100/130/160 + 65% Ability Power
- Mantra bonus shield: 120/180/240/300 + 50% Ability Power → 140/200/260/320 + 65% Ability Power
When picked, Miss Fortune usually becomes the focus for the enemy team, since it’s easy to catch and kill her. We’re lending her a hand and now when you pick her, you should have a better experience positioning and dealing damage during team fights.
- Base armor: 30 → 34
- Armor per level: 3.5 → 4
- Critical hit damage after doubling up: 150% → 130/140/150/160%
- [OLD] Passive: If Miss Fortune does not take damage for 5s, she gains 25 bonus movement speed. Then, 5s later movement speed bonus increases to 60/70/80/90 → [NEW] Passive: If Miss Fortune does not take damage for 4s, she gains 25 bonus movement speed. 3s later, movement speed bonus increases to 80/85/90/95
- Active bonus attack speed: 30/50/70/90% → 45/60/75/90%
Since the update to support items, Pyke has struggled to be that deadly threat to other supports. We’re buffing some of his damage so we can continue to position him as that assassin support who can strike at any moment. We also are adjusting his overall damage to monsters and minions so that these changes don’t make him too strong in other roles.
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 → 3.5
- Basic damage: 120/185/250/315 → 130/195/260/325
- Damage ratio to minions: 80% → 50%
- Damage ratio to monsters: 90% → 50%
- Base damage: 110/160/210/260 → 120/170/220/270
- Base stun duration: 1.25s → 1.5s
- Damage ratio to monsters: 100% → 50%
We’ve noticed that Riven is struggling during the laning phase in the Baron Lane. To lend her a hand we’re giving her damage and boost, while also adjusting her damage to monsters so that she doesn’t become too strong in the jungle.
- [NEW] Damage ratio to monsters: 50%
- Damage: 15/40/65/90+50/55/60/65% Attack Damage → 20/45/70/95+55/60/65/70% Attack Damage
- Cooldown: 10/9/8/7s → 9/8/7/6s
We’ve seen that Sion has been struggling in the laning phase, so we’re adjusting the damage and cost of his third ability, which should make him more of an “unstoppable force” against his lane opponents.
ROAR OF THE SLAYER
- Basic damage: 65/110/155/200 → 75/120/165/210
- Mana consumption: 40/45/50/55 → 35/40/45/50
We’re reducing the cooldown of Zed’s second ability, which should give him more flexibility to maneuver around lane and team fights so he can juke out his opponents.
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14s → 17/16/15/14s